Tuesday 14 May 2013

Three dimensional representation...

Last term & this term has been tricky planning lessons. I have a few children who have come to a class virtually every week for the last two years &, despite all being 4 or under, are now really good at drawing & painting. In the same classes as those who have progressed so far I have children who have just started, one of whom is as young as 19 months old.

Typically this term & next I concentrate on the concept of 3 dimensional representation & how colour can play such a vital role in a painting. Enjoyable on different levels by the children & interesting for the Mums to think about how Artists represent concepts. I have had to think of numerous levels this term for all the different levels of ability & consequently slightly different activities to be undertaken at the same time. It has made me re-examine my drawings & paintings. I have found myself looking back at still life & I have enjoyed the sculptural nature of drawing with charcoal. The really strange thing, however, was what I noticed when putting the more experienced children's work away to dry over the last couple of weeks..... putting it on the drying rack in my studio next to my own work which I have been working on for the last few months - there was a similarity.....









No comments:

Post a Comment